Saturday, August 31, 2013

Self Government

Paraphrased from a friend of mine.
"A sovereign man is self-governing. Law is for those who refuse to govern themselves."
- ZJ Free

Indeed, the law is only for the law breaker. A honest and peaceful man has nothing to fear from it. It does not apply to him. Just like the constitution does not apply to the People. It was written to restrain government. It is 'law' set up to regulate them and not the people. I sometimes feel as though my head is going to explode when I hear people use the term "my constitutional rights" instead of "my constitutionally protected rights." It may sound nit picky, but to understand the difference is a big deal. One shows that the man saying it is not capable of governing themselves, and the other shows that they are capable of self government.

No comments:

Post a Comment